By Danee Kiernan Life is Almost Always Good and co-author of Bouncing With Style. #17
Good choices I made during my times of pain and sadness…..
- Woke up and pulled myself out of bed each day
- Kept moving
- Listened to myself….Really listened.
- Took care of my kids….Learned to take care of myself
- Learned from the experiences of others as well as my own
- Went to a therapist
- Leaned on friends and family for support
- Did not lean on my children for support
- Dredged up deep feelings….Made myself feel them
- Allowed myself time to be angry, to be sad and to mourn
- Made time for physical activity….Eventually
- Got rid of negative, emotionally draining people in my life that didn’t make me feel good
- Gave myself permission to be OK being me
- Tapped into the creative my creative side
- Brought back activities/hobbies that I used to do that made me feel good (art, writing, music, gardening etc)
- Got real about expectations
- Learned about and practiced positive self talk
- Assured myself that one day I would feel better
- Became my best friend
Danee Kiernan is a writer, parent, entrepreneur and co-author of Bouncing with Style: Starting over but Not From Scratch. She connects with others based on her experiences as a full time woman, full time mom (adoptive, birth & foster), stay at home mom, working woman and business owner. She hopes that sharing her experiences openly will help others to find their bounce. Danee is a powerful advocate for women’s rights, especially every woman’s right to choose her own destiny and build the life that she desires.
Danee KIernan earned a BS degree in Elementary Education with an early childhood specialization from Iowa Wesleyan College, and an MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Danee believes in the importance of love, family and pursuing dreams. She makes her home in Wisconsin, where she and husband Jim, are thoroughly enjoying the experience of raising their 12 children.
You can reach Danee Kiernan at firstname.lastname@example.org