By Danee Kiernan Life is Almost Always Good and co-author of Bouncing With Style. #18
Not so good choices I made during my times of pain and sadness…..
- Overindulged-Take your pick…..Food, drink, shopping etc…
- Deprived myself of sleep, exercise, nutrition etc
- Thought that everyone else wanted to hear about what I was going through…Ugh.
- Ignored the feelings that scared me or were too painful to accept
- Acted like I was OK- But didn’t fool anybody
- Convinced myself I didn’t care
- Wallowed in self pity and self defeat
- Perfected negative self talk at times
- Blamed myself for too long
- Blamed everyone else for too long
- Pushed myself to recover when I hadn’t gone through the steps I needed to
- Said crazy things out loud…(Instead of just thinking them in my head)
- Shared too much of my pain with my kids even though I tried not to
- Had unrealistic expectations
- Focused on negatives instead of positives
- Lost control of the control freak…Yikes…..
- Thought others would/could save me
Danee Kiernan is a writer, parent, entrepreneur and co-author of Bouncing with Style: Starting over but Not From Scratch. She connects with others based on her experiences as a full time woman, full time mom (adoptive, birth & foster), stay at home mom, working woman and business owner. She hopes that sharing her experiences openly will help others to find their bounce. Danee is a powerful advocate for women’s rights, especially every woman’s right to choose her own destiny and build the life that she desires.
Danee KIernan earned a BS degree in Elementary Education with an early childhood specialization from Iowa Wesleyan College, and an MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Danee believes in the importance of love, family and pursuing dreams. She makes her home in Wisconsin, where she and husband Jim, are thoroughly enjoying the experience of raising their 12 children.
You can reach Danee Kiernan at firstname.lastname@example.org